Friday, February 26, 2010

DAR

I also wanted to share some exciting news of my very own! This week I received my certificate from the Daughters of the American Revolution!!! It is official and I know my grandparents would be so proud! Okay, I am going to geek out on the geneaology for a moment...my ancestor who fought in the American Revolution is Joel Chambliss of North Carolina, this goes back eight generations starting with me, my dad, my grandpa and then five more. Lucky for me I have some wonderful realitives who enjoy researching this kind of information and provided the needed documentation for generations 5-8, I just had to trace back to my great-grandparents. Still this was not an easy task especially considering what all is needed, I could go into some great detail but let's just say birth certificates have not always existed. Okay, enough of tooting my own horn!

1 comment: