Friday, September 4, 2009

So....

I knew I would have a hard time keeping up this whole blog thing. I was never good at keeping a diary and why I thought this would be easier I do not know...it all takes a little effort.

On to other exciting topics. Last weekend my mother and I and about 25 other women from the Scottsboro area attended the Women of Faith Conference in Atlanta. This was a wonderful experience and I am so glad that I was able to share it with my mom. Some of the speakers were therapists who provide a Christian side to therapy, some speakers simply gave their testimony and then there were also musicians. I really enjoyed the message that Patsy Clairmont delivered, it was based on her latest book. Basically it was about Fireflies in our life, some come and stay for awhile and some come and leave quickly, but these fireflies all leave a special place in our heart. She spoke of one special firefly in her life, her friend Carol who recently died of cancer. I think the reason that this message stayed with me is because I cannot imagine losing any of my dear friends especially to a disease that has already taken so many people from my life. It also made me realize that I need to make more of an effort and let more things go. People are much more important than the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment